CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

We've moved!

We are moved and settled in to our new apartment in Ann Arbor (known to the locals as AA. Not to be confused with Alcoholics Anonymous, but it might be easy to confuse them when one is visiting downtown, or near the stadium during a football game). We absolutely love it here, and love the ward. Everyone has been so nice, and generous, and welcoming, that I finally feel like this could be somewhere we will never want to leave.

Here are some pictures of our new place, and the 4th with our new friends.
Shaun painting in his new room.


Rachel painting.


A bad picture of the finished product.



Steve's program chairman had a bbq at his 'estate' on the 4th, and I thought that I was at a very casual wedding. It was catered, and had big white tents set up everywhere. It was unreal. This guy actually invented the pulse-oximeter (?) that you put on your finger and it tells you your blood oxygen level. Needless to say, the man is loaded, but actually very down to earth and very friendly. I hope I can be like that even after I make some huge invention that changes people's lives.


Rachel's new best friend. They are so cute together, and whenever they're together, they can be found playing 'Captain Rocket and Rose Girl'. They are quite the pair.


Shaun and his new buddies. The one on the left of the picture is his new best friend, Hyrum. They love each other.




Watching loud fireworks in the church parking lot.


Nathan being adorable and making new friends wherever he goes.

16 comments:

Lyndsay said...

Aw! We miss you guys, but I'm so glad you've had a smooth transition.
I totally think that I'd handle wealth well, so I'm not sure why I haven't struck it rich yet.

Kenna said...

Looks like you guys are settling in. How fun that you can paint your apartment. We miss you here, especially on Thursday afternoons!

bryony said...

We're so glad you've all made such good friends already! Not that anyone would ever take our place . . . just kidding! Your paint job looks fun, and it turned out looking really nice! Good to see you back in blogland again.

Cynthia said...

So glad you posted and we can keep updated on you. Keep posting!

Kent and Leisy said...

katie! it was so sad to leave with you here and get back with you gone! I am so glad that things are going well in Ann Arbor! we'll definitely be up to visit! hopefully before school starts up and I lose Kent again!

Mike and Kim said...

I'm glad to hear you guys are all settled in there. Nathan is getting so big! He looks just like Steve.

reba said...

I'm glad you guys are settled and making friends!!
I'll call next week to catch up.
Hope the pregnancy is going well:)
Love and miss ya.

David and Jana said...

Katie!! We were just visiting with your mom. She was telling us about your move. Hope everything is going well! Our friends are there doing the same residency and he is in year 2 also. His name is Caesar Gonzales. His wife is Leslie and we love them! Caesar and david grew up together and we were with them in Wymount at BYU. Anyway, they live in Ann Arbor, I think in the family housing on campus... not sure, though. Anyway, let us know if Steve knows them!
Jana

Emilee said...

I'm so glad you made it to Ann Arbor and everything is going well. It's fantastic to see that your kids have already made some good friends. And painted themselves such a lovely room. Good work!

The Mathews Family said...

I'm glad you are there and settling in. It seems like you're adapting quickly!

I can't believe you're naming the baby Emily or Matthew! I should just give you a list of the rest of our family's names for future reference! ;) I LOVE those names, of course. I hope you are able to find out- I would be going nuts too. HUGS!

brittani c. said...

I miss seeing you and the kids in Primary. Glad that you're enjoying your new home :)

Anonymous said...

The painting job looks great! How fun for the kids. Glad you guys made it there and have made a smooth transition!

Anonymous said...

What a fun time. I think I know that Pulse thing -- they use that on our kids' toes when they go to the doctor. How cool.

Kimberly said...

Uh, Oh... Rachel has replaced Dylan already??? Poor Dylan!

Hey-Looks like your adjusting well up there. Your 4th of July looked fun!

Hope to see ya soon!

Kent and Leisy said...

okay- I am VERY ready for a new post!! I miss you and your kids terribly!

Julia said...

Hey Katie! What's your new address? Hope you are all doing well!

Julia (Guinter) Chandler