I was talking to my sis in law last night, and she said that she is really great at writing, but hates to do it, and has only written in her journal like 20 times her whole life. I asked her if she thinks maybe its because she only wants to write something perfect, and so never does because it takes too long. I realized that I should turn the question right back around and ask myself. I am guilty of perfectionism, and it makes me not start a lot of things because it takes too long to finish, and then I get upset, and give up. I have a lot of unfinished projects because of this, and used to have a very messy house.
So here I am starting a new leaf. Church was great today. I felt the spirit very strongly (I think mainly beacause Steve was there and able to help), and my music time in primary was a hit (other than Rachel whining all through primary that I didn't pick her, and I never pick her even though I am HER mommy, and somehow that means that I don't love her. I think next week I might rig the name picking method so I can choose her). I just feel really great today, physically, and emotionally (which is saying a lot, considering I have been battling something fierce). I love our ward, and have some really great friends, and actually am excited to stay here for Thanksgiving (I still need a little convincing about Christmas, though).
Well, I am going to go play old maid with the Shaun.
(Katie)
Sunday, November 18, 2007
Sunday
Posted by Katie and Steve at 3:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Your song turkey was a hit! I loved it :) and thanks for picking me one of those times! I am going to be desperately sad when you cross the border and leave us!!
I am so glad you had a least one day of feeling good! And having your husband at church makes such a difference.
Song turkey? You always come up with such neat ideas for primary.
I'm poking into your blog and have to admit that I'm just as guilty of perfectionism too. And oftentimes where I drive myself (and Andrew) crazy. You pull of perfectionism quite well though! :)
-brittani
Post a Comment