CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Medical Mysteries

My husband has some kind of twitching problem. He sits and bounces his legs all day long, and even does it in his sleep. It is driving me absolutely crazy. Make it stop.

In other news, I cut my hair (see attached picture). It is very different than I am used to, but like it a lot. I seem to cut my hair whenever I get big news, like being pregnant again. Thats right, for those of you who haven't heard, I am with child. It snuck up on us this time, and don't know quite how it happened (my parents might have to explain that one again). We are excited, and hope for roommate arrangments that it will be a girl (but will figure out something if its a boy).

Having found out this great news, I proceeded to get on with the grueling process, and made out the first of many Dr. visits. I chose the first person on our list of providers, which happened to be a woman and a DO (kind of Dr. that Steve happens to be). I thought that those things would work in my favor, but soon found out upon meeting her, that I was wrong. She first looked at my bloated belly (come on, this is my forth, and I can't suck it in anymore with the whole nausea thing going on) and asked if I thought if I was further along than 9 weeks, and I said I didn't know. She then looked at Rachel, and tried to guess her age. "6?" she asked. "No, 41/2" said I. "Whoa, she's a big girl. I mean you're little, and she's really big. Is her dad big?" Yes, have you ever seen Harry Potter? I am actually married to Hagrid. It makes labor horrible. And by the way, you're really fat. You must have a ton of children. None? How did you get that big then?

We then continue on to the exam, and as she checks my uterus she says,"I'm going to tease you for a minute." Your hand is in a very ackward position to be teasing. "What makes you think you are pregnant?" Uhmm. "Well, I took 2 pregnancy tests, and haven't started my period for 2 months, and feel like I might hurl all over you right here, right now." "Well, it could have been a false positive." So she ordered blood work. Whatever.

"So, your husband is a DO. I'm going to tease you again. Did he choose to be a DO over an MD?" No, but he did choose to do really well in school and get into an amazing MD residency. What business is it of yours, anyway? Did you choose to be so abraisive and rude to your patients, or does that just come with your bitter nature.

So I did have the blood work done, which confirmed that I am indeed pregnant, and also confirmed that I will be changing Drs. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
(not the best picture, but you get the idea)

12 comments:

Kimberly said...

Holy Cow! I can't believe how rude she was being to you Katie! Yes, please switch Dr.'s!! Btw- I am glad you are still really pregnant. Congrats!

Erik said...

I have no recommendations for a new Dr, but I think your idea to run is a really good one.

Cynthia said...

What a horrible doctor!! Run fast!!! If the doctors in the Maumee OBGYN group are on your list, they are all really good. (All women, but MD, I believe).
By the way, love your hair. Haven't gotten a chance to talk to you since you got it cut. Someday we will get to go to an enrichment group at the same time again!
And as far as Steve's medical mysteries, have you not seen all those really dumb commercials on tv about "Restless leg syndrome"? The commercial is for some drug to help it but I never caught that part of the commercial. Steve's a doctor, he can look up that condition.

reba said...

Congrats!
I've been meaning to call you to tell you and Steve that!
You're dr. sounds like a female idiot, so good call on finding another one:)
Love your guts and good luck with this pregnancy!

brittani c. said...

I wonder what it would be like to be married to Hagrid?
I do like the new hair, and don't know why I didn't say anything on Sunday (I was distracted by speaking in front of a whole room full of little humans).

Steph said...

Katie!!!!! I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your hair! Too fun. Also, your face is sooooo thin. Your belly can't be that bloated. What a horrible doctor. Maybe she could have poured some salt in your eyes while she was at it. Crazy lady. Glad you are switching. Love you.

Steph said...

Oh, btw, if it makes you feel any better I am constantly bouncing my legs too. And one of my eyes always twitches if I get majorly stressed. Who knows, maybe it's a twin thing? Ok, probably not. But it is nice to know Steve and I finally have something in common. ;)

reba said...

I meant to also comment on the cuuuuute haircut! I'm all about switchin' it up! You'll love it for summer:)

The Ziemers said...

I had a really good doctor with Lindsay. Northwest OBGYN. They are a group of 7 women doctors and LPN's, I think. They are up by Franklin Park Mall, so it might be a little far for you, I'm not sure where you live. Congrats on #4. Four children are fun. I noticed your hair at church, but never got close enough to say anything. Very cute. I hope you get feeling better.

Emilee said...

Love the hair, as I've said 10,000 times before (and don't say "Really, 10,000 times? Because then I'll have to admit it was an exaggeration.) I'd volunteer my doctor, but I don't know that you want to pony up that $450 (or whatever it was) for only two months worth of visits.

The Mathews Family said...

Aw man...

The pregnancy new is exciting congratulations!!

The hair cute is SUPER cute!

The doctor is retarded. Good luck with that ;)

Bethany said...

Congrats, Katie! What a weirdo of a doctor! And cute hair! :)