CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 28, 2007

This is me repenting

Okay, I have been chastised by my friends that I do not write enough on this, so I am repenting of my "evil" ways (apparently it is evil) and writing more. Life is really good right now. No one is too sick. No vomiting, Pneumonia, or rashes anymore, so that is good. I am the primary music leader in our ward, and we just had our program today, and thats done and over with, so thats good too. I have been able to talk about the church with a lot of non-members lately, and some seem somewhat interested, with one family even coming to our ward trunk-r-treat last night. That was definetly good. I have also been revamping my entire life by setting up some much needed structure in the home department. I am amazed what you can learn to do with some fasting and prayers, and a yahoo group. I am a coverted woman to the ways of flylady.com. It may sound a little cheasy, but it has changed my life for the better. I have been living in an organized, clean envirenment for the last 2 months now, and I feel like I can take on the world. It all started when I deticated myself to reading my scriptures every night, and it made me realize that I want to live in a better envirenment. I feel good, and that is so good. Well, there is a short update on me, so here is the rundown on everyone else
Steve is on his surgery rotation right now, and I have forgotten what he look like. He leaves at 5 in the morning, is gone till 6:30 or 7, and the falls asleep on the couch at 8. He is on call tomorrow, so I am looking forward to having the remote all to myself (thats me trying to look at the positive side of call. I also get to make cereal for dinner and feel fine about it.) He has one day off a week, which sometimes he has to go in to round on his patients anyway. I am glad he hates surgery.
Shaun is loving kindergarten, and has really gotten used to it and into a groove. He is getting a lot of great feedback from his teacher, and is getting a little too much attention from a few of the girls on the bus. He came home the other day, and told me that one girl tried to hug him and he got all embarrased. It was funny. He is still by far the tallest in his class, and so some of the girls in primary don't realize that he is only 5 not 8 like them. He's a ladies man just like his dad.
Rachel is quite the diva, and was totally the star of the primary program. She knows how to sing all the words to the songs, and knows how to sing them loud. She made her mom so proud. She has been getting into trouble being the oldest at home, now, and I'm not quite sure I like her telling me no or saying she hates me. Its amazing how your focus changes from one kid to the other. She is very sweet when she wants to be, though, and I love watching her pretend. From the minute she gets out of bed, she grabs her dollhouse and all of her mismatched toys and starts the dialoge. Its amazing that so much can be going on in her little 3 year old head. She has this on-running script that is connected but different every time. She has quite the flare for the dramatic (in more ways than one).
Nate is our adorable sweet and calm non-walker. He is so happy and quite, until he sees food. Then he is a little monster. He likes to eat and will yell and scream until you feed him. Then when you're done he literally throws his head back dramatically, and then down onto his tray and screams. He must take a little after his sis. He has a little friend that comes over 3 days a week, and they look just like twins, almost the same age, so I have such new respect for Jeff and Mel, and Danny and Hilary. I only have to do one meal with the 2 and I about cry every time. The only consolation is that they have nap time right after they eat. Yeah!
Well we're doing good. Here are some pictures that a great friend of mine took of the kids last week. It was so fun and she has an amazing eye for photography. Enjoy!
Katie

1 comments:

dtravelbug said...

lol, see you're so good at this :-) I'm glad you made a new post with great information, and just for the record, though I encouraged you, I didn't call you evil :-)